Heidegger Headgear.

"
Differance means difference generally, then, in the sense of difference-in general. This is not only difficult to say; it's difficult to write. For in order to write differance I have to fight against the software I am using to write this, which has been programmed in such a way that differance registers only as a 'mistake' that has to be 'corrected'. No sooner have I written differance than it disappears, its place having been taken by difference. I then have to go back to difference (to where differance was)  and change the 'e' to an 'a'. Every time I want to write differance I have to override the automatic software commands, or I have to write over what has been written into the program, a program that has been designed to 'process words'. Included in that design, clearly, is the recognition of what does not count as a 'word' - such as differance. In the same way mobile phones predict words as they are being typed.  This  reduces the attempt to write Heidegger, to Headgear. Hence the software I'm using is perfectly logocentric.


"


Niall Lucy, 'A Derrida Dictionary'.